Cantonese Beef Tripe
- 2 Ib Beef Tripe (cut into 2-3inch squares)
- 2 teaspoon Mixed Spices
- 5 cups water
- 2 teaspoon Salt
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- 4 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
For Dipping: 1 teaspoon light soy sauce with 1/2 teaspoon chill oil and few drops sesame oil.
- Boil some water in a saucepan, enough to cover the Tripe. Let the Tripe bubbling in the water for few mins before drain off the water. Set a side.
- Add the rest ingredients with 5 cups water into a saucepan, bring to boil, reduce heat to low, cover and let it slimmers for 5 mins before adding the Tripe, bring back to boil, reduce heat to low, lid on and cook the tripe for 2 1/2 hrs. Cut into bite size pieces and serve, as a starter, mains or with noodles soups.
Note: The tripe use in here are creamy brown in colour with bouncy texture from Asia store, if snow white tripe are use, reduce cooking time according the texture. Cooked tripe can store in the freezer for another meal.