Wonton soup... a very popular Cantonese soup in Hong Kong. Everyone love Wonton soup... restaurant, noodles shop nearly all have Wonton on their menu. They're easy to make too... mummy love making wonton at home with their kids. They're so yum! Have a go yourself or with the kids... make some tonight for your love one, family or friends! And let me know how your day go... enjoy!
- 250g Mince Pork
- 100g shell less King Prawns - chopped
- 2 Spring Onions - chopped
- 1/2 Pint Homemade Chicken stock/or water with 1/2 cube Knorr's chicken stock cube (serve 2)
- 1 Packet Wonton Wrapper(34 sheets ) this recipe can make over 34 wontons, it's handy to have extra wrapper in the freezer. The extra Wonton made from this recipe can store in freezer.
- 1 teaspoons Salt
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon Sesame oil
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoons cornflour
- Mix well together the pork, prawns with the marinade ingredients in a large bowl. Add in the chopped spring onions toward the end.
- To wrap the Wonton - Place one teaspoon Wonton filling in the middle of the wrapper. Squeeze gently with fingers into a parcel. The egg and cornflour work like a paste in the filling, a gentle squeeze with finger and palm is all it need.
- For the soup (serve 2) - Bring 1/2 pint water to boil, add in the stock cube. Season with salt and pepper, fish sauce and few drop sesame oil. Keep warm and set a side.
- To boil the wonton, bring 1 pint water to boil. Add 8 - 10 wontons(for 2 serving) into the boiling water, gently stir till its boil again. Reduce heat a little cover with a lid and boil for 3 more minutes. Put the cooked Wonton into the bowl, Pour in the hot chicken stock, garnish with spring onion or coriander. Serve hot with chilli oil if desire. You can cook a few green leaf veg like Pak Choi/Choi Sum/spinach in step 3 with the stock and pour the hot soup into a big bowl with some cooked noodles - fresh egg noodles, flat rice noodles etc.
Read more about Wonton here: Mark's Wonton Noodles Shop and watch how wonton is wrap. Enjoy!