Sweet and Sour Chicken/Pork
Hong Kong Style
- 250g Chicken Breast or Pork Loin - cut into bite size pieces
- 1 Bell Pepper - red, yellow or green. Or a few pieces each, cut into cube.
- 1 small Onion - cut into cube
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped Ginger
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped Garlic
- 1 small can Pineapple chunks
- 3 tbsp Tomatoes ketchup
- 3 tbsp Vinegar
- 3 tbsp Sugar
- Half cup Cornflour
- 1 Egg
- pinch Salt
- pinch Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Sesame oil
- Oil for frying
- Marinade the chicken breast with the egg, salt, pepper, sesame oil and 1 tsp cornflour.
- Add half cup cornflour in a large bowl, coat the chicken well with the flour. Fry chicken cube in hot oil 180*c until golden brown, about 2 mins.
- For the sauce... Warm up a clean wok with a little oil, stir fry ginger, garlic for few seconds, add the onion, bell pepper, turn on the heat and stir fry a few more seconds before adding pineapple and its juice, vinegar, sugar, tomato ketchup and a pinch of salt, bring to boil, taste for seasoning, add more sugar if need. To thicken the sauce, turn heat to low, stir in a tbsp cornflour mix with a little water.
- Deep fry chicken once more before mix in with the sauce, stir well in the work and serve hot. Serve 2-4