Tuesday, 28 April 2015

Recipe: Cantonese Steamed Fish



Ingredients
  • 1 whole fish - Dover sole, seabass, bream etc. Clean and gut.
  • 3-5 slices ginger, finely shredded
  • 2-3 Spring onion, finely shredded
  • 1 teaspoon light soya sauce
  • Salt and pepper
  • 2-3 tablespoons cooking oil
Method 
  1. Place the fish on a plate just enough to hold the fish comfortably, season with salt and peper on both side, scatter the ginger evenly on top.
  2. Fill a wok with one inch boiling water with a rack underneath if need to hold the plate, place the fish in carefully, the steam is very hot. Steam the fish over boiling water for about 5-10 minutes, the time need depend on the thickness of the fish. The Dover sole in the picture take 5 minutes to cook.
  3. When the fish is cooked, lid off add in the shredded spring onion while still pipping hot, then bring out from the wok carefully, pour in 2 tablespoon very hot oil over the spring onion. Drizzle the light soya sauce over the fish. Serve hot. 

3 comments:

Linda Kay said...

Looks so good, Mei. We just had salmon for supper, fixed on the grill. It was delicious.

Michiko Johnson said...

Hi Mei San!
I love your Steamy Kitchen Yum foods!
I hope we will had our body with a long time forvver.
Have a good days!
Michiko

Mei Kuen Wong said...

Thank you Linda, Michiko! I hope writing recipes will give a little help to my daughter. She like cooking now and I hope one day she can cook some yum food to share with mum. I must be dreaming! LOL...

Also, I am not running my food business any more. Sharing recipes is a great way to keep me going to keep this blog open, no more moan moan about pain with Polarbear. I hope so...