- 1 whole fish - Dover sole, seabass, bream etc. Clean and gut.
- 3-5 slices ginger, finely shredded
- 2-3 Spring onion, finely shredded
- 1 teaspoon light soya sauce
- Salt and pepper
- 2-3 tablespoons cooking oil
- Place the fish on a plate just enough to hold the fish comfortably, season with salt and peper on both side, scatter the ginger evenly on top.
- Fill a wok with one inch boiling water with a rack underneath if need to hold the plate, place the fish in carefully, the steam is very hot. Steam the fish over boiling water for about 5-10 minutes, the time need depend on the thickness of the fish. The Dover sole in the picture take 5 minutes to cook.
- When the fish is cooked, lid off add in the shredded spring onion while still pipping hot, then bring out from the wok carefully, pour in 2 tablespoon very hot oil over the spring onion. Drizzle the light soya sauce over the fish. Serve hot.