Mackerel With Tomatoes
- 1 Mackerel - 350g
- 3 Tablespoon Cooking oil
- 3 Tomatoes - cut into small quarter
- 3 Slices Ginger - chopped
- 3 Cloves Garlic - chopped
- 3 Tablespoons water
- 2 Spring Onions - cut in inch length
- 2 Tablespoons Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Tomato Ketchup
- Pinch Salt and Pepper
- Clean and dry the Mackerel, lightly season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a small wok or a frying pan till slightly smoky add one tablespoon oil, quickly add the chopped ginger and garlic, stir fry for a few seconds, add Tomatoes, stir fry for another 30 seconds or so, add the water, pinch of salt, pepper and sugar, stir, reduce heat to low and cook till tomatoes are soft, set aside.
- Heat a large wok or frying pan until slightly smoky with 2 sp oil, add the fish gently to the work and fry until golden brown on both side reduce heat if need. Do not move the fish until it's goldern brown ready to turn over.
- While the fish is cooking it's last minuets or two in the wok, turn heat back on full, add the cooked tomatoes in with the fish and cook till the sauce is bubbling, add a little water if need, reduce heat to low, cover and cook for another minute or two until the fish is cooked.
- Gently lift up the fish on to a plate, add more seasoning in the sauce if need, finally stir in some spring onions with the tomatoes, pour over to the fish, serve hot with rice. Edited