- 2 Ib Beef Tripe (cut into 3-4 inch squares)
- 2 teaspoon Mixed Spices
- 8 cups water
- 1 1/2 tablespoon Salt
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 4 tablespoons dark soya sauce
- 4 tablespoons light soya sauce
For Dipping: 1 teaspoon light soya sauce with 1/2 teaspoon chill oil and few drops sesame oil.
- Boil some water in a saucepan, enough to cover the Tripe. Let the Tripe bubbling in the water for few mins before drain off the water. Cut into bite size piece when cool. .
- Add the rest ingredients with 3 cups water into a saucepan, bring to boil, reduce heat to low, cover and let it slimmers for 10 mins before adding the Tripe, bring back to boil, reduce heat to low, lid on cook the tripe for 2 1/2 to 3 hrs. Serve as a starter, mains or with noodles soups.
Note: The tripe use in here are creamy brown in colour with bouncy texture from Asia store, if snow white tripe are use, reduce cooking time according the texture. Cooked tripe can store in the freezer for another meal. Defrost and reheat in the microwave.