Sunday, 24 May 2015
Friday, 22 May 2015
Seafood Crispy Noodles
- 8 raw King Prawn - peeled and deveined
- 4 baby Squids - cut into small rings
- 6 slice Fish Cake or 3 Scallops slice in half
- 6-8 Straw Mushrooms - cut in half
- 150g Pak Choi - separate the leaves, rinse and drain, cut thick stem into 1 inch length, keep young leaves intact.
- 175g Extra Fine Egg Noodles
- 1 tsp chopped Garlic
- 1 tsp Salt
- Pinch of Sugar
- Pinch of white pepper
- 1 tsp Oyster Sauce
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 tsp Cornflour
- 1/2 tsp Sesame oil
- Soak noodles in boiled water for 3 mins, drain, loose it with chopstick and set aside.
- Prepare the prawns, squids, fish cake, straw mushrooms, pak choi as show on the ingredients.
- In a wok or pan, bring 1 1/2 pint water to boil, add straw mushrooms, thick stem from the pak choi, bring back to boil, then add in the young leaves pak choi and last the squids, give it a stir, drain and set aside.
- Add 1 tbsp oil into a hot wok, when smoky add half the noodles and cook on high heat till slight brown- about one mins, turn heat to medium and cook till noodles golden brown, turn and do the same for the other side. Swirl the wok now and then, add a little oil round the edge after turning. Keep warm on a plate in the oven. Repeat and cook the other half.
- Heat a wok on high heat, add 2 tbsp oil, give it a swirl and when smoky add the prawns, quick stir for few seconds then quickly add the salt and garlic, quick stir, follow by adding all ingredients from step 3, stir. Add water, sugar, oyster sauce, pepper, stir. Turn heat to low, taste for seasoning, add more salt if need. Everything should be cooked and bubbling by now, to thickening the sauce, mix the cornflour with 2 tbsp water, quickly stir in and mix well. Heat back on high for a few seconds, heat off. Dash of sesame oil, stir and serve on top the crispy noodles. Serve 2